adsense

Saturday 10 August 2013

Where I received my BET award not big deal –Ice Prince

   


Ice-Prince
To Ice prince, whether he received his award in an empty room, is inconsequential. All that matters to him is that he is now the current winner of the BET Best African act award.
The young man who was gushing with excitement last week said he cared less that some people faulted the fact that the award was not presented to him live on the BET stage.
He told Saturday Beats, “Before now, there wasn’t anything like this category. Now, BET moved up to recognise us. This is not the only award presented outside the main event. I don’t see it as a big deal neither should I be angry that I wasn’t recognised or presented the award during the live performance.”
Ice Prince said he cried when he was told he won the award this year since he lost out to Wizkid last year.
“I didn’t see it coming. I don’t know how to explain it but I cried when I learnt I won the award this year. I didn’t even know I was going to be nominated again this year. I thought last year’s nomination that I lost to Wiz would be the last. I really feel blessed,” he said.
And now that he has got international recognition, Ice Prince said he would do everything to up the ante.

No comments: