adsense

Monday 25 February 2013

Nollyhood actress, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde and her husband

Mr &Mrs Ekeinde
By EMMANUEL UDOM
Love is funny, unpredictable, emotional and mystical. It is not a mathematical formula, where 2+2=4. How do you explain a situation where a man sees a woman for the first time and fall head over heel in love with her, or the other way round?
Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, actress, singer, wife, mother and humanist did not actually love her husband, the very first time she met him. It was the man that actually fell madly in love with this ageless nollyhood star.
I lifted this write-up from her site, www.naijanews.com, where she explained the build-up to becoming the wife of Ekeinde, an accomplished pilot. Hear her: “If I had not married him, I would not have married anyone else.”And this is quite understandable, as their union of 16 years has weathered the storm and is one of the few in the industry that is scandal free.

The guy no get wahala, she insisted, saying that “it would have been extremely painful if my husband takes things to heart, then it would have been a roller coaster ride for me and then I have to go through the problem again and again”.
According to Omosexy, on the first meeting, the love was not instantaneous. I always tell people that I was not in love when I met him though he confessed that for him, it was love at first sight.
Really, what attracted me to him was his maturity and his ability to see the real me. The mystery of love chemistry, if you ask me.
Read through the rest of the Omosexy love story and learn the lessons, as contained in her piece. Then her husband showed up with a ray of hope and then she fell for his charming nature.
“In those days I was young so there were ways I particularly handle things that were immature so I would snap very fast because I was short-tempered.So many people will think I was very difficult even my mother.
But he would tell her to leave me alone. Even then, my mother will say ‘you will not marry, there is no one that will marry you,’’ She says with a smile.
Describing her husband as her love ‘therapist’, Ekeinde attributes her spiritual growth to her husband. “I have even gone closer to Christ because of his exemplary behavior and the way he handles things. With the maturity I find in him, I can admire that and then emulate him. That is the connection and the way I have been able to live with him.”

No comments: