adsense

Saturday 24 January 2015

Oldest Primary School Pupil Is A 90-Yr-Old Kenyan Woman


A 90-year-old Kenyan woman who attends primary school together with her great-great-grandchildren is a living proof of the famous saying, ‘it’s never too late to learn’.
Gogo
Gogo.  Credits: BBC
Priscilla Sitienei, popularly known as Gogo, is believed to be the oldest primary school pupil in the world, the BBC reports.
Priscilla enrolled in Leaders Vision Preparatory School five years ago. Interestingly, she helped to deliver some of her own classmates aged between 10 and 14.
Gogo
Gogo. Credits: BBC
The hardworking pupil expressed her joy at finally having a chance to learn. She was quoted as saying:
“I’d like to be able to read the Bible; I also want to inspire children to get an education. Too many older children are not in school. They even have children themselves. They tell me they are too old. I tell them, ‘Well I am at school and so should you.’
Priscilla's school
Priscilla’s school. Credits: BBC
“I see children who are lost, children who are without fathers, just going round and round, hopeless. I want to inspire them to go to school.”
The school headmaster called Gogo a real inspiration and motivation to all. David Kinyanjui said he was proud of the elderly pupil adding that “she is loved by every pupil, they all want to learn and play with her”.

“She is doing well… considering her age I can say I have seen a big difference in this school since she came.”
At the end of the interview the humble Priscilla gave wise advice to children:
“I want to say to the children of the world, especially girls, that education will be your wealth, don’t look back and run to your father. With education you can be whatever you want, a doctor, lawyer or a pilot.”

READ MORE: http://www.naij.com/370892-oldest-primary-school-pupil-is-a-90-yr-old-kenyan-woman.html

No comments: