adsense

Thursday 15 January 2015

Faith got Eku Edewor her job at studio 53 extra

If you really want something, believe hard enough that you'll get it and work towards it, chances are you'll get it. This was the case for media personality/model/actress, Eku Edewor.
In an exclusive chat with Pulse, the 'Flower Girl' actress shared how she came to be the host of one of the hottest shows on television, Studio 53 Extra:

"I graduated from the University of Warwick with a degree in English Literature and Theatre. I'd always had an interest in film and after school, I met Damian Jones who's a producer at a school fair and I worked with him as a runner for a while. A runner is basically like an assistant to everybody and so after awhile I decided to pursue film because I realised how much I'd missed it from the last time I went on stage as an 11-year old"
Eku then went on to narrate how she went to the New York University film school but returned to Nigeria upon the death of her step father to be with her mother.

"When I came back to Nigeria, I worked in my mum's restaurant and one day someone came in and told me about an audition for a show and the person thought I'd be perfect for the role. So I went home and prepared for it all the while telling myself 'this is my job'"
She went on to reveal that despite the fact hundreds of young ladies including Rhythm 93.7's Toke Makinwashowed up for the audition, she remained undetered.

"I kept telling myself that the job was mine. Although we didn't have to, I memorised the script because I'm very good at memorising things and I went in and did my thing"

3 weeks later, Eku got the call that would change her life forever and she emphasises the fact that it was her faith that got her the job.
Source: pulse

No comments: