adsense

Tuesday 20 January 2015

Mindy Kaling on Marriage: I Don’t Need Anyone to Take Care of All My Needs and Desires


GHK020115_001_002_003Actress and writer Mindy Kaling is the cover star for Good Housekeepingmagazine and in the magazine’s latest issue the 35-year-old star talks about love, marriage, her mom dying from cancer and so much more.
Read excerpts from her interview below:
On her ‘Mindy’ character and herself: I love that she’s fearless. No matter who questions her, she can summon a confidence that’s like Well, I don’t care. They both speak their minds and have very strong opinions.
On her mum inspiring the ‘Mindy’ character: She was very busy, and she did not suffer fools. Her no-nonsense attitude is the single best thing I got from her. We’re hungry, ambitious people. It’s a family trait.
On her mum having Stage IV pancreatic cancer: I love talking about my mom, but I may cry. We all thought we would have a couple of years with her. Eight months later, she was gone. So fast. My mom was my soul mate.
On looking for love: I’m dating. If I could relive the first three months of courtship over and over for the rest of my life, I would. Especially in winter, who doesn’t like a nice heavy seven-course meal with lots of alcohol, then making out when you’re a little tipsy and taking a cab home to fall asleep in the clothes you wore on the date? Wait. Actually that was, like, my whole 20s. And it was very fun. When I was younger, I wanted so badly to be married and have kids in a rush. I loved my parents’ relationship. The way my father was with my mother when she was dying was so moving. It was such devotion. I don’t know that that will happen for me, but I like it. I don’t need marriage. I don’t need anyone to take care of all my needs and desires. I can take care of them myself now.
On her body: I think it’s important to talk about. I’m not an enormous person. I don’t think of myself as overweight. I definitely get hurt when people say mean things about my body. But it’s not the most important thing in my life.

Photo CreditGood Housekeeping
source: bellanaija

No comments: