adsense

Sunday 24 November 2013

LOVING YOUR ENEMY AS YOURSELF BY MARTIN LUTHER KING

After the terrible ordeal I went through earlier this year in the hands of loved ones, I sought for ways to have peace with myself and them. So far, it has been futile. But yesterday, the daily verse from the Bible site I read was about forgiving our enemies.

''But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you'' - Luke 6:27.
I was dumbfounded by that verse of the Scripture. For a while, I couldn't think straight. If the Lord had not rescued me from the hands of those people, I probably would be dead meat by now. How is it then that the Lord commanded us to do this? - maybe he wants us to just want him fighting ALL our battles.

Then, I typed the words: ''how to love your enemies'' into google search engine, and several sites popped out - as usual. But I picked this particular one, because after reading through (it's very long but interesting), I got some direction on how to go about it. And it was a sermon on the topic by the famous American Baptist Pastor, Martin Luther King. Now on a second thought, I decided to share with folks on this board. Happy reading - if you can!

I found there's an audio recording of the sermon too - so you can play that back, if you want to listen to it.
http://mlk-kpp01.stanford.edu/index.php/encyclopedia/documentsentry/doc_loving_your_enemies/

No comments: