adsense

Sunday 10 November 2013

‘I feel blessed getting my car’ -Project Fame winner, OLAWALE OJO


1-pic 10
Finally, the MTN Project Fame Season 6 winner, Olawale Ojo was given his prized car, Hyundai SUV 1X 35 on Thursday, October 24, 2013 at MTN Golden Plaza,Ikoyi, Lagos. He shared his joy with us.
1-DSC_8720How does it feel like getting Project Fame car?
I feel blessed and I’m so grateful to everyone who voted for me.
How was the experience in the academy?
The experience was awesome because we sang all through and that’s what I know how to do best.
Did you imagine you would win?
Not really because we all had equal chances of winning.
What would have been your reaction had you not won?
I’d still be grateful to God for making me a part of the top six.
Was there a time you wanted to give up?
Sure, but I had to encourage myself.
What would be your quota to the music industry now that you have a platform already?
I think my quota are trying to be myself, identifying my unique selling point and showcasing it in my music career. Going extra miles to add values. These are the things I can add to the industry.
Can you surpass the success of past winners like Chidinma and Iyanya?
Only God knows how my journey is going be because He brought me here.
How did you get to know about the show?
I got to know about Project Fame on TV.
What did you want to become while growing up?
I wanted to become a medical doctor before I got into the university when I discovered my passion for music
What was your parents’ reaction when you joined the show?
They were happy about it and they supported me with prayers.
How did they react when you won?
They were so excited and I saw the happiness written all over them.
Your phone and social media accounts, how have they been like ever since you won?
I think the right word is busy.
Have you tried to participate in the show before?
No, this is actually my first time.
What encouraged you to partake in Project Fame?
My friend actually did advise me to give it a try.
Talk about your best and worst moments during the contest?
The first five weeks were quite challenging because I didn’t open up on stage. But after then I started enjoying myself due to help of the faculty members.
How do you intend to do to remain relevant in the entertainment industry?
By being myself all the time, and carving a niche for myself. One really requires the influence of God as well.
How do you plan to combine show business with your education?
I’ll have to work more than I used to.
How did you discover your talent and when did you start singing?
I discovered my talent when I got to the university when I joined the choir.
What was the secret of your success?
God and hard work.
Where do you see yourself in the next five years?
I see myself being a voice in the music industry by God’s grace.
Do you have a girlfriend?
No.
Your early days, what was growing up like for you?
Growing up for me was just normal. I am from an average family. The family size is six. I am the first of four children. Three boys and a girl. We all live in Ibadan where I auditioned for Project Fame. In my family, my parents can afford to give us education and as we speak I am a 400 level student of Agronomy in LAUTECH. There had never been a musician in my family until I started though.
 - FEMI OYEWALE

No comments: