adsense

Tuesday 21 August 2012

Have Patience in Growing Your Dreams!

Recently I saw a friend.  She is pregnant, in her seventh month. She is UNCOMFORTABLE! Sleeping is difficult, walking is challenging--she is READY for this baby to be delivered. Yet, she does NOT want the baby to come early. Why? Because in the last few months of the pregnancy, the baby develops and grows in important ways. The entire nine months is crucial for the baby to be born vibrant and healthy.


So, she patiently waits day by day until the baby is ready to emerge.

It is the same with our dreams. Our dreams need development. The ideas we have at the outset of our journey must go through the entire process of developing and maturing. If born to early, they may not survive. That is why we must trust the process of our personal and professional growth.


Each step, each moment is essential on our path of progress.
I have BIG dreams and visions for life. I've had them for years now. I wanted them all to materialize rapidly. But, I've found that I can't skip steps in my self development or the maturity of my vision. I'm glad that it takes as long as it does. I'm more prepared than ever for new phases of living my life vision AND my vision gets clearer and fuller by the day.


I have clients who have incredible plans for business and life pursuits. Too often, they seem in a rush. They want it to happen NOW. In pushing for results, they often miss crucial opportunities to fully embrace and develop themselves in the stage they are in. I encourage them to be patient, persistent and persevere.

They will realize their potential and actualize their visions--but it happens over a period of time.

Don't be in too much of a rush! Be diligent today, where you are. Take the key next steps with the resources you have right now. If you stay focused on a consistent basis, you will achieve things you never imagined you could. Just because you don't see the results yet, doesn't mean you should give up. You are developing as a person. You are learning important life and business lessons to help you get to the next stage of your plan.

Open to the entire experience. It is rich if you do.


Savoring every tiny step of progress with you,

Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.

No comments: