adsense

Saturday 14 February 2015

Why I don’t look my age –Joke Silva


   

 

 

Joke Silva
Veteran actress, Joke Silva, is one of the few actresses that have somehow found a way to defy time with her ageless beauty. In a recent chat with Saturday Beats, she shared the secret of her beautiful looks.
She said, “I have so many young people around me. My younger colleagues and kids refuse to allow me grow old. I remember Kate Henshaw insisted I must join instagram. Now I am on instagram all because of Kate Henshaw. They keep me young.”
The silver screen diva said that while starting out in the industry, things were not as easy as they are now but she was determined to put her best into her profession.
“I never knew I would become this famous. All I did was to invest everything I had into my profession because I wanted to be the best at what I do. If the acknowledgment came with it then, it was a gift from God,” she said.
With decades of acting under her belt and numerous movies to her name, she admitted that there were times she felt like quitting the profession.
“There were so many times I wanted to quit the profession but I kept persevering. So many years ago, there was a time my husband and I had a play. We had got people to invest in the play and they invested a lot into it. We were trying to make theatre sustainable by making it a business. We had very few people coming but there was a day we had only two people as our audience. Just two people in a theatre that sits about three hundred people. It was quite discouraging but we performed our hearts out. I remember that the two people that came went round and got us an audience for our next performance. They just kept advertising for us,” Silva said.
When asked about the happiest moment in her life, the veteran actress while beaming with smiles said she has had numerous happy moments. Her fondest was when she was recognised by her country and bagged a national award.
“I have had so many happy moments. None tops them all. However, one of my happiest moments was when I got a national award and it was done on my birthday,” she said.

No comments: