adsense

Saturday 10 November 2012

‘I Slept On A Carpet For One Year’ – Ice Prince


Rising hip-hop artiste, Panshak Zamani, popularly known as Ice Prince has said that his vision for the music industry is to see it grow and get to the point where his name will be mentioned all over the world.
He said his vision was to make African music attractive to international artistes where they will not be able to resist it.
In a chat with Showtime, Ice Prince noted that the industry is fast growing with the likes of D’banj whose music is being played on London radio. He said that as artistes, their primary duty is to create and produce quality music for their fans
According to him, the industry is sensitive and therefore, it is important that everybody strives to make a different by taking the dream to the next level in years to come.
On how he rose to the top, he said, “It was a long journey of hustle and bustle. A journey that took me out of Jos where I grew up to Lagos wasn’t a easy one. It was hard for me to settle down. I hustled, I had to sleep on the carpet for one year.
“At a point I stayed with Gini and squatted with MI. It was pretty rough but I thank God for what and who I am today. Those challenges I see as molecules that formed me.
“Every year is a blessing for me and to add another year makes me great. Although, I am feeling like I am getting older but I’m blessed because all my birthdays have been amazing.
“When I was a kid, my parents used to celebrate my birthday and now that I am mature my friends always do something special for me on my birthday. Last year, it was celebrated in Abuja with the likes of 2face and this year, we are celebrating it in Lagos, Abuja and Port-Harcourt”, he said.
Culled from NaiJ

No comments: