adsense

Sunday 4 November 2012

93-year-old bodybuilder Dr. Charles Eugster may be coolest man alive




A 93-year-old bodybuilder from across the pond is making headlines this week for being not only amazingly fit and an inspiration to us all to lead a healthier life, but also for being absolutely adorable.
In a new video, 93-year-old bodybuilder Dr. Charles Eugster explains his motivation for taking up something as seemingly intense as bodybuilding at the age of 87.
British Dentist-Turned-Bodybuilder Shares Inspiring, Cheeky Take On Aging
In a BBC News interview, Eugster tells the camera with a wry smile, "I want to have a good body because I'm vain. And the idea is to turn the heads of the sexy young 70-year-old girls on the beach."
Eugster continued, "I was overweight. I am extremely vain and I didn't like the shape of my body, so I joined a bodybuilding club and I hired a former Mr. Universe to train me. I usually train three, sometimes four times a week."
Besides the enormous physical benefits Dr. Charles Eugster noticed as a direct result of his new fitness regimen, the 93-year-old bodybuilder also touts the incredibly mental stimulation exercise provides. "My body is still continuously changing at 93. [Bodybuilding] changes your appearance, it changes your energy and most importantly, it changes your brain. It changes the way you think. My life has completely changed."
Improving himself as a human being, promoting a positive message and now going viral on the Internet for it, Dr. Charles Eugster is just the kind of person we like to see become an overnight "celebrity"!
Here in America, 74-year-old Ernestine Shepherd is another amazing senior citizen bodybuilder worth knowing. Meet Ernestine here.

No comments: