adsense

Thursday 15 May 2014

Man Wrongfully Convicted of Murder Released From Jail After 34 Years


Reginald-Adams
A man wrongfully convicted of murder in 1979 has been released from jail after prosecutors admitted “shameful” police misconduct.
Reginald Adams served 34 years after being convicted of shooting Cathy Ulfers, the wife of a New Orleans police officer, during a botched robbery.
Mr Adams, 61, said he only confessed to the crime because the police had given him drink and drugs.
On Monday he was told by Orleans Parish Criminal District Court Judge Laurie White: “Your life sentence is gone – you’re free to go.”
Outside the court Mr Adams said: “I’m just ready to go and build me a life. After 34 years, I don’t even know how to use a cellphone.
“I thank God I’m all right, and I’m still alive. I’m free and I want to keep it that way.”
Asked about his conviction he said he had no bitterness.”You can’t go around living like that. Bitterness, it just doesn’t work,” he said before saying the first thing he wanted to do was enjoy some oysters.
“It’s all I can think about,” he added.

No comments: