adsense

Monday 13 October 2014

Being wealthy can not just be only a feeling?


Filed under: This is Money | 
Even the worst possible news can lay the foundation for a positive future. “It’s all in your head”, as someone wise once told me. There are always two sides of the coin, and always another way to look at something. Consider the following examples:
Workaholic or responsible – Some people work day and night, and many consider them workaholics. But I was speaking with a gentlemen yesterday about why he works so hard, and he told me that he vows to provide as much financial support for his family as possible. It may cut into time he spends with his family, but at least they don’t have to worry about money. Is he a workaholic, or is he just responsible?
Lazy or clever – This one is dear to my heart. For years, everyone keeps reminding me how lazy I am. Yet, this character flaw has a minor benefit. Due to this “laziness”, I am always thinking about ways to be more efficient every day. I may not succeed all the time, but I keep trying and it helps once in a while.
Taking advantage or creating harmony – I’m extremely lucky in that I’m well loved within the family. (My parents especially. Thank you Mommy and Daddy.) and they would go to great lengths to help me. When they are doing something for me, the whole family seems to have a happier mood than normal in the whole process. I’m having difficulty illustrating this in words, as it’s almost magical. Yet, it’s very apparent to everyone who knows us.
If I were to ask my family for help, am I taking advantage or am I just creating harmony?
Saver or spender – If I told you that someone’s credit card bill is $10,000 this month. Is that person a saver or spender? Now, what if I told you that he made $100,000 this month, and all his expenses are on his credit card? $10,000 is a huge amount of money, but saving 90 percent is AWESOME. (This deserves capital letters, don’t you think?)
We know all this, so what
For some of you, there will come a time when you are no longer earning more money than you spend. At that point, living beyond your means will have a whole new meaning. A few of you will have the confidence that everything will work out, but many of you will not.
If you are afraid, first understand that you aren’t alone. No matter how much money you have left, seeing a decreasing balance is always scary. It’s okay to have doubts, and the only solution is through planning and knowledge. The more you know, the less you worry.
Even if the worst case scenario plays out, tons of people are living happily without much money. It’s really all in your head.

No comments: